Quilt Archive

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This Is Your Life Memory Scroll Album

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hello Blogger Friends,

I'm starting out the new year with more Show-and-Tell from Christmas 2013.  This is a scroll memory album, sold by Close to My Heart.  By now you are wondering...does she buy CTMH products exclusively?  No, but just about...my daughter Kristy is a CTMH consultant.  I buy it because the company has great products anyway, and I get to help out my daughter.   Anyway, back to the scroll album...

This item was offered in last year's catalog, and is now retired, but I've seen a few of them on eBay lately.  I wanted to show you what I did with it.  This album was made for our Nephew, Kurt.  It's kind of a "This is Your Life" album, and it includes photos of his grandparents, parents, and himself through HS graduation.  The scroll album came with two sheets of fabric stickers as well as a stamp set.  I also added some coordinating papers from a different paper packet using the same color scheme.  The main color scheme was a teal blue, a coral orange, and brown.  Here are some selected frames from the album:
The album curled up on the scroll
 
Love the stickers included with the kit!
 
This is the first frame of the album.  I chose to start Kurt's story with photos of his grandparents on their wedding days, then baby picture, HS pictures and an engagement picture of his mom and dad.
 
A variety of pictures from his childhood.  Don't you just love the expression on his face with the cookies, as if to say "Are we done yet??"
 
 
This is my favorite frame.  I just love Kurt's senior picture.
 


And here is Kurt with the album.  He was very happy to have it.  And, if you're thinking that the background looks a lot like a hospital room...it is.  Denis' brother, Gordon (Kurt's dad) was in the hospital on Christmas.   Gordon has since been released and is back home recuperating nicely. 

All for now...another Christmas project next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment