Quilt Archive

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Vintage Greeting Cards Gift Books

Greetings Blog Friends!

Another project I finished at my recent scrapbooking weekend was a pair of Vintage Greeting Card Gift Books.

The pages in the books are made from a chipboard base.  Each page has a different edge treatment on the right side and front and back cover have the same shape.  I covered each page with coordinating paper, added embellishments where necessary.  Just the back of each card is glued to the book, so all cards can be opened and read.  I used a length of organdy ribbon to keep the pages together in book form.  Because this is a small scale book, each greeting card is the centerpiece of each page.  

I used cards from my own personal stash for these books and all are unsigned.  There are a variety of themes, including Secret Pal, Get Well, Anniversary, Birthday, etc.  Each book also includes one card with a definite WWII theme.  These cards all date from the 1940's.

For the following book, I chose cards with children or children's illustrations.  The recipient of this book will be a penpal friend who has a collection of vintage children's books.







For this second book, I chose adult themes.  The recipient of this book will be a penpal friend who is more my age and is a scrapbooker.







Both books will be gifted out later this year for Christmas.  So, do I win the prize for having Christmas gifts completed in February?  

Speaking of Christmas, completed pages from Christmas 2018 are up next week.  Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment