Quilt Archive

Monday, September 30, 2019

Autumn Hearth Decor

Greetings Blog Friends!

Well, last Monday was the Autumnal Equinox, so now it is time to decorate for Fall.  I've been busy in the sewing room, working on autumn-themed items for the house.  I'm happy to say the living room hearth is now dressed for Fall:






I've made a new jelly roll rug in fall colors, using the Giving Thanks Jelly Roll from Robert Kaufman Fabrics.  The AUTUMN bench pillow is from a pattern by Shabby Fabrics, using all fabrics from the stash.  I quilted the pillow background in a diagonal cross-hatch pattern, then fused the applique shapes, securing them with raw edge applique.   I like it and think it turned out really cute!

On tap this week is more seasonal sewing, as I have some pillow covers, a table runner and a wool candle mat in the queue.  I'll report on those next week.  

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment