Quilt Archive

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Mittens and Stockings Oh My!

 Greetings Blog Friends,

I've been working on a quick, hand sewing project in the evenings over the past several weeks.  I'm happy to report that I've finished the project.  Here's the details:



I purchased these projects as kits from Rachels of Greenfield.  The red mittens/stockings are from her Christmas Critters kit and the gray mittens are from the Charcoal Mittens kit.  Each kit makes 6 different stockings.  You might notice, however, that I made five different motifs with one duplicate.  I took a little artistic license with this.  Each kit had a motif that I didn't particularly like, so I switched it out for one I did!  These are meant as tree ornaments and measure approximately 4" x 4 1/2".  

I plan to use them as gifts for some of my pen pal friends and as gift decorations.  And, some of my favorites might make it to my own tree.  

A new Block of the Month project is in the works!  More details next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment