Quilt Archive

Monday, January 22, 2018

FROSTY FRIENDS SNOWMAN DRESS


Hello Blog Friends,

I completed a cute, little project this past week -- the Frosty Friends Snowman Dress.  

I've had this project for many years, buying it before I had grand-daughters...more than 11 years ago!  Since then, I've had it safely tucked away in the fabric stash, forgotten, until I cleaned out and rearranged things last year.  And, guess what I found again?  Only now, my two granddaughters have outgrown it, so I've sewn it up and it will hang as a part of my winter decoration theme in my home.



This project is made of flannel.  The bodice is a pre-quilted panel.  In addition to the panel, coordinating yardage was needed for the skirt as well as double fold bias tape.  It was made by Daisy Kingdom and I remember buying it at Hobby Lobby.  



This was an easy project to make, bringing me back a little to garment making days.  All edges of the bodice we bound in the bias tape, along with the cute little snowman face purse.  The skirt was gathered on the bodice.  The pattern also called for two tabs at the sides, but I chose to leave those off.  


So...another UFO item done from the stash.  It had been a productive year so far.  I've been working on bringing my quilting diary up to date (a fun scrapping project).  I'll share some of my favorite pages with you next week.

On deck...UFOs to finish!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment