Quilt Archive

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

PRAIRIE POINT PINWHEEL WREATH

Hello Blog Friends,

Here is a new, albeit late addition to my Christmas Decor...the Prairie Point Pinwheel Wreath. This was a project that I started last year (cutting was as far as I got).  I really didn't want it to languish in the UFO pile again this year, so voila! It is done!



As with most projects that I have, I purchased the pattern, extra supplies, and fabrics several years ago.  The pattern is called "Pinwheel Wreath" by Happy Hollow Designs.  This was a multi-media project, using both sewing techniques and hot glue work.  The pinwheel front of the wreath was made with prairie points, all sewn with wedges to form a large circle.  The circle was then hot glued to a cardboard form.  The black hairy gimp trim was added next, then another cardboard form (covered with a backing fabric) was added.  Finally, red buttons and a hanger were attached.

I like this project and it seems a shame to display it for only a short time.  This year it will be part of my winter decor for a time, just so I can enjoy it.

Till next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment