Quilt Archive

Monday, May 27, 2019

A Stitch in Time Tote & Quilt

Hello Blog Friends!

Today I'm sharing my latest project with you...a quilt and a tote that were chosen and made just for (Gasp!!)...ME!  

Both of these projects were purchased as kits from Connecting Threads and both are of the same fabric line...Stonehenge, A Stitch in Time from Northcott.  I made both items at the same time, as I needed to "share" some fabrics between them.  (The tote and the quilt top and back were all made earlier this year.  Tote was finished first, quilt was just finished this past week.  So, not only did these projects bust the stash, they came off the UFO pile as well! Win-Win!!)

This quilt is the epitome of the "no waste" quilt.  Virtually all of the fabrics have been incorporated into the front or the back.  The quilt top is a simple row quilt, utilizing border prints and coordinating fabric prints.   Because of the way it was cut, there was quite a bit of leftover fabric and printed motifs, so of course, I used all of it on the back.  Pattern:  Life of the Party by Creative Sewlutions.  I quilted it in an all-over meander.  I will also add a hanging sleeve on the back, since I intend to use it as a decoration in my sewing room.   Size:  42" x 64"

Front:

 Back:


So, which do you like best?


Using this same fabric line is a cute, zippered tote.  I wanted a sewing themed tote with a zipper to use when I visit quilt shows or go on shop hops.  I think this one fills the bill just perfectly!!  Pattern:  The Essential Tote by Around the Bobbin.  Size:  13" H x 19" W x 4" D.  I love it!  I took it along with me on  my recent bus trip to Missouri and got many compliments!

Up next...I get Seussical!  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment