Quilt Archive

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Mystery Solved and MORE!

Greetings Friends!

This week I am happy to solve the mystery for you (see last post).  The rectangles and circles became these three pop-up canisters.  Pattern is from Fat Quarter Gypsy.  There is a wire inside the pop-up to help hold it's shape when it is upright.  It can be folded down for storage and held flat with the ties on the side.  But, who would want to store things as cute as these?  Finished size is 9" tall and 8" diameter. 


 I already have one of these that I use as a trash bin in my car.  It is a handy size for tissues, wrappers and the occasional empty water bottle.  The blue with stop signs and red lining is for my grandson Conner, who is 16 and goes for his driver's license tomorrow.  He already has a car and it is the same blue as his pop up.  The dolphin print with pink lining is for my daughter Kim to use in her car.  She loves dolphins!  My daughter Kerri just got a new car and she and her husband love to take road trips.  They will be going on a trip in just a couple of weeks and will need a trash bin also.  Hers is the license plates with aqua lining.  That leaves one other daughter, my oldest, Kristy, who also got a new vehicle about a month ago.  She got a new black SUV, and she needs a trash bin, too.  This one is for her (below).  The fabrics are part of a suite of fabrics I won a couple of years ago, Chic Neutrals.  So, girls, if you are reading this post, guess what I have for you when we get together this weekend? LOL



All fabrics were from my stash.  These are a great way to use up that 1/3 yd of leftover fabric!  All I needed to purchase was the wire inside.  I purchased mine online, but I have also seen them at quilt shows and quilt shops.

Besides these pop-ups, I also finally completed a project for a scrapping friend of mine.  Tanya came to me last summer and told me about some dresser scarves/runners she wanted made.  She had originally asked her mother-in-law to make them for her.  That was a couple of years ago and with no hope of seeing them anytime soon, she asked me if I could help.  Tanya brought everything I needed...the focus fabric (a pair of really long curtain valances), a coordinating fabric and even the thread.  I had to put them aside last fall, as I had Christmas projects to finish.  Then, you know how busy I've been so far this year...two scrapping retreats, a trip to Italy and a bus trip to Missouri.  Anyway, I have finally (after more than 6 months) got her project done.  Here are the finished runners.  I added some decorative stitching to keep everything in place.  They turned out cute.  I might just raid the stash and make one like this for myself!


Two more projects are in the queue and one is already in process.  And both of them are for me!  Tune in next time for those!




No comments:

Post a Comment