Quilt Archive

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Home Is Where the Dog Is

Greetings Blog Friends,

Back in November, I switched gears from all those Christmas flannel quilts and turned my attention to a quilt for my dear friend Rena, who has lost two dogs in the past two years.  Each time, she has given her heart and both times she lost them to an illness that took their young lives.  She has since gotten another pooch, but nothing can take the place of those gone before.  I am hoping that this quilt, which was given at Christmas, will bring a smile to her face and help to mend her broken heart.  The quilt pattern and main  fabric is from the Home Is Where the Dog Is Collection by Henry Glass.  I purchased a panel and two coordinating fabrics for the borders, but pulled much of the interior fabrics from my stash of fat quarters and remnants.  Finished size:  60" x 74".  Here's a look at the fabrics and a peek of the panel.  



And here is the finished quilt, just before it was mailed off to Rena in California.


And, I was right, she loved it.  Here she is with the quilt on Christmas Day.  Enjoy, Rena, and remember...whenever you need that hug from me, just wrap yourself in this quilt, and I'll be there!


Wondering about all those Christmas Flannel Quilts....more on that next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment