Quilt Archive

Thursday, December 5, 2019

A Stocking for Dino

Greetings Blog Friends,

This week I am sharing a project I made for a very special little friend...our traveling mascot, Dino Sinclair.  Dino is a little green dinosaur and there is a story, of course, of how he came to join us on our travels.  Three years ago, Denis and I were traveling west to Colorado, taking the northern route through eastern Wyoming.  We stopped in Sinclair at Station #1, which is right next to the refinery.  When we went inside, we discovered it was more than just a filling station/convenience store.  It was also an adoption center.  There  were many little dinosaurs there waiting for a new home, but this one seemed special.  Our eyes met and we made a connection immediately.  He has been my traveling mascot ever since that day.  Dino has been to Oregon, Florida, Colorado, Italy...and is such a great little traveler.  Every time we look at him, he's smiling.  Here's Dino on some of our travels:
 Multnomah Falls, Oregon

 At scrapbooking retreat

 In Hamilton, MO at MSQC with Jenny Doan!
 Overlooking Lake Onalaska

Colosseum in Rome

I had been looking for a felt stocking to make for Dino for several years, but with no luck.  Then, one day, I found one on eBay and I've been working on it for the past month.  Here's the finished stocking with it's proud owner.  ( I think he's smiling extra big for this!).  Maybe it's because now both he and Morty (our sock monkey in residence) both have a stocking to hang on the mantle.





Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment