Quilt Archive

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

To Kit or Not...That Is the Question!!

Greeting Blog Friends,

I'm still working with flannels this week, only I've changed the pace a bit with this next project.  These flannels were from a kit and were originally meant to make a quilt.  Only that's not what I decided to do with them.

This is one of those times where you buy the kit, it sits in the stash for a few years, and when you finally get it out to make it, you find that you don't like it.  Has this ever happened to you?  I'll bet it has.  This doesn't happen to me very often, but this time it did.  I didn't like the quilt pattern that came with the kit and the fabrics in the kit just didn't seem to go well together (for my taste) So what to do?  

Well, there were two large pieces of flannel, enough to get two pillowcases from each, and fabrics for the accent (cuff) and flange.  So, out with the quilt and in with two pair of pillowcases that I can live with. Even now, looking at the cases side by side, I still can't see these fabrics coordinating together.  I'm glad I didn't make the quilt.  What do you think?


I have something different to share with you next week.  A gift for my little traveling dinosaur pal, Dino.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment