Quilt Archive

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Daisy Chain Table Topper

Hello Blog Friends!

Well, I've been back at the sewing machine and have completed one of the UFOs hanging in wait on my craft room door.  I didn't share this one with you before this, since it was a gift for Mom's birthday this past week.  Since she reads the blog faithfully (like a good mother should!), I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

I bought this cute little topper as a kit, from eBay of all places.  The coordinating fabrics are all from the "He Loves Me" line from Maywood.  I had enough for the topper, but could not find any coordinating fabric anywhere on the 'net for the back, since it is several years out of print.  So, off to my local quilt shop, and found a perfect olive green (for the back and binding) from the Moda Marbles series.



The topper sewed up quickly.  Notice the mitered corners in the border. I ran a line of decorative flower stitches along the daisy line in the outer border, stitch in ditch on both sides of the inner border, and did a small free motion meander in the center.

I had a large enough piece of the border fabric left over, so I incorporated it in the back.  I also stitched the label in this border.

I think it turned out well.  Mom was pleased with it.  It now graces her dining room table.







I've begun the finishing work on Heather's Jewel Box.  So far the backing is made, and I'm ready for pinning and quilting.  I have a tight timetable on this one...it needs to be finished by April 6 so I can give it over to her mother, who will deliver it to her later in the month.

I'll check back with you in about a week once it is finished.  Meanwhile, happy sewing and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment