Quilt Archive

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BABY GIRL QUILT

Hello Blog Friends,

While on our travels around the state for the Wisconsin State Shop Hop last month, I visited Barn Door Quilts in Sturgeon Bay.  I've visited this shop many times, and love the selection and the samples they have made up.  I've purchased fabrics from this shop for several quilts and projects I have made.

I have seen samples of row quilts hanging in the shop many times.  Mom has commissioned me to make a baby quilt for a gift she want to give to the daughter of a close friend and neighbor.  I found the following fabrics, and as you can see, they are cut for sewing into the row quilt.  The mother-to-be knows her baby will be a girl.  I wanted to choose a main print that this little girl can grow into, instead of something definitely babyish.  I think these fabrics are perfect...what little girl doesn't just love pink, purple and flowers?



Since I'm under a deadline for this project, I will be completing it in the next couple weeks, in plenty of time for Mom to give as a shower gift!

I'll be back soon with the finished project...

No comments:

Post a Comment