Quilt Archive

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Last week...not a total loss!

Hello Blogger Friends,

Well, I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better after my bout with the flu.  Still a lingering cough, but I'm able to function at full capacity.  

Our home is now all put back together and I'm smiling every day.  Love the new paint job.  We eliminated an accent wall, and now everything looks clean and bright.  

I found out late last week that our neighborhood rummage sale will be happening in 3 weeks.  So, I've been spending time this week going through kitchen cupboards, closets and other nooks and crannies, cleaning and clearing things out.  Many of the items that were on display above the cabinets in my kitchen and on the walls are not going back and/or not staying either.  The downsizing bug has hit me, and I've cleared out quite a bit already.  My eBay seller account is also getting a workout.

Unfortunately, all this activity has not left any time for sewing!  But, I was able to take advantage of some of the time (while painting was going on last week) to do some scrapping.  I'll be going on retreat next week, and my goal is to bring several projects up to date.  To help that idea along, I pre-made some base pages, 16 in all.  I'll admit they look a tad plain, but all that really is needed is photos, some embellishments, a little journaling, and voila, finished pages.  These are all for my Plays and Concerts book.  I'm doing the entire book in the same paper collection (Laughing Lola from Close to My Heart).  


Easter is this coming weekend, and it will be a quiet one, the girls and families all have other plans.  I'm hoping to reacquaint with the sewing machine and make progress on the UFOs pile.  

Until next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment