Quilt Archive

Thursday, October 25, 2018

TRAVEL BAG JUST IN TIME

Hello Blog Friends,

I have a fun little project to share with you.  Last week, I traveled to Portland, Oregon with my daughter, Kristy.  She went there on business and asked me to come along to keep her company while traveling and in the evenings after her work conference.  We went a day early and saw some beautiful sights.  And, the weather was perfect...low to mid 70's and SUN!  We had a very good time!

I wanted a travel bag to carry books, travel pillow, camera, purse, etc.  on the plane.  I have several, but I needed one that was both roomy and had a zip closure.  While hunting through my stash of bags, I found one that I had made Denis a few years before.  With no zipper, it wasn't suitable, but I really liked the pattern, so I dug it out, raided the fabric stash, and here is the end result:




Pattern is called Little Sister by Whistlepeg Designs.  The fabrics used are a variety of prints that I've had in my stash for some time.  The fusible fleece used in the bag was from the stash, too.  The only purchases were some project specific fusible interfacing, a zipper, and the strap hardware.  The pattern doesn't call for a cross-body carrying strap, but I made one that would work.  Finished size is 17" x 12" x 6".  

I'm working on another flannel quilt for another special young lady...more of those details next time.  Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment