Quilt Archive

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Time for a NAP!

Greetings Blog Friends,

As I mentioned last week, I've made a fun little (well, not so little!) gift for Denis for all the hard work he has put in on renovations this summer and fall.  Before I get to it, however, a bit of history...

Denis and I attended a local craft show a couple of weeks ago.  We saw some fun pillows and one in particular appealed to me as a great gift idea.  Of course, I was not about to buy it, since I have the ability to make it myself.  So, I did what every crafter does...snapped a picture of it and then came home and developed my own pattern.  Next, I raided the fabric stash and Voilá, here is the finished product:



Yes, friends, Denis now has a nice 20" pillow to rest his weary head on at naptime.  I made this one totally of flannel fabrics in my stash.  I used my cricut machine to cut out the patterns for the letters and heart.  The top was pieced, then backed by a piece of fusible fleece.  I quilted the top with an all-over meander, then machine appliqued the letters.  The front and back are joined by french seams to deter ravelling (something flannel is notorious for) and the entire pillow cover can be removed easily for laundering.

Sweet dreams, Denis!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment