Quilt Archive

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Chic Neutrals Stash Projects, Part 1

Greetings to all my Blog Friends!

I've switched gears back to sewing this past week and have dipped into the stash once again for fabrics.  I won a basket at a quilt shop several years ago.  It was filled with a variety of precuts, all from the Chic Neutrals collection by Amy Ellis for Moda.  The prints in this collection are geometric prints in grays, blacks, purple and yellow.  In all, I received:  1 Fat Eighths Bundle (9" x 22"), 1 Charm Pack (5" squares), 1 Mini Charm Pack (2 1/2" squares), and yardage (1 yard).  Quite and impressive assortment of fabrics.  

My plans for projects made from these precuts include:  one quilt, 2 (or 3) pillows, 2 table runners.  The prints in this collection are lovely, but just aren't in a colorway that appeals much to me personally.  As a result, all projects made from these fabrics will be giveaways.

The first two items for giveaway will be a pillow made from those 2 1/2" squares and a table runner with pieces cut from the fat eighths.  These items will be donated as a door prize drawing at a scrapbooking retreat coming up at the end of the month.  Pillow is 15" square, runner is 11" x 41". 


The rest of the projects are scheduled for April and May.  Here are the finished projects:




I'll be taking a break for a couple of weeks as prior engagements will keep me out of the craft room.  I'll give a full report when I'm back to crafting again.

See you in a few....

No comments:

Post a Comment