Quilt Archive

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Stash Busting BIG TIME!

Hello Blog Friends,

This past month I have been stash busting BIG TIME!  I've been working to use up all those Chic Neutrals fabrics that I won a few years ago.  Remember, earlier this year I started using it up by making a pillow and table runner as a door prize at the scrapping retreat held last month.  See that post here.  This week, I've made some progress on the rest.  All projects made with the rest of this fabric line are a gift to my daughter Kristy, who watched over our house while we were in Italy.  She battled snow, rain, and ice and went beyond the call of duty to help keep our house safe.  We had a small amount of surface water make it in to the garage and basement, but nothing major with no permanent damage.  She  minimized the impact of the water and battled a leaky pipe.  Since the colorway on these fabrics is more to her liking than mine, I decided to make her a permanent token of thanks...mere words did not seem enough!  I just finished the last piece of the puzzle...the quilt this week and will gift it all to her at scrapping group this Thursday.  

Just to refresh your memory, here is the list of materials used in these projects:

Original fabrics (won in the gift basket)
  • Chic Neutrals 2 1/2" squares
  • Chic Neutrals Charm Pack
  • Chic Neutrals Yardage (1 yd)
  • Chic Neutrals Fat Eighth bundle
Purchased fabrics (at a discounted price!):
  • 3 yds. multi print for quilt backing and pillowcase
  • 1 yd. gray print for pillow backings and pillowcase
Kona solids Black (all from the stash)

I used the pack of 2 1/2" squares and yardage for the giveaway pillow, and some of the Fat Eighths for the giveaway runner.  I did have to buy some additional yardage to complete some of the second wave of projects.  This line of fabrics was introduced in 2015 and since it is now out of date and out of print, I was able to pick up (online) the yardages I needed  at a reduced and sale price!



So...out of the remainder of the original fabrics and the purchased yardage, here is what was made:
A throw quilt, size 46" x 62"
2 14" pillows
A pillowcase
A pop-up canister (for use as a trash collector in her new car)

Not a bad use for all that fabric!  I have a few little bits and pieces left over, and I will uses those when I make pages for the quilt diary.

The sewing machine has been humming and several other projects in the queue.  More on those in the next few posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment