Quilt Archive

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Memories of MO

Greetings Blog Friends,

This week I'm switching gears and have done a cute, fun little scrapbooking project.  And by little, I mean "little"...the pages are 6" x 6" in size.  It is a memory book of my recent trip to Iowa and Missouri.  See more on that trip here.

Materials used in this project are from Close To My Heart, from the "Story by Stacy" line.  I used the Short Story kit and page layout ideas from Susan Williams.  You can find her work online at http://justcrazyblessed.blogspot.com/   She does great work!  I tweaked some of the pages a little to fit my photographs and added a few extra pages (made from the leftover scraps) too.  This was a "no waste" project.  I love the finished product.  

Here are a few of my favorite pages:


FRONT COVER AND TITLE PAGE:




 In Amana, IA:



In Hamilton, MO:


With Jenny Doan:


Caption:  Stairway to Quilting Heaven:



At Antique Archaeology in LeClaire, IA:


The Mississippi River at LeClaire:


Back Page:


Back to sewing again next time!  My annual fall scrapbooking retreat is coming up next month.  It's time to make my donation to the door prize giveaway.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment