Quilt Archive

Friday, June 19, 2020

Catching Up...and a Month's Hiatus

Greetings dear Friends,

It seems as though I have been on something of a hiatus and have been gone from blog-land for about four weeks.  It was not intentional, but just a matter of life happening!  Days seem to pass into weeks and weeks into a month!  Sometimes I'm reminded of the lyrics to "Time In a Bottle" by Jim Croce (1972):


If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do,
Is to save every day
'Til eternity passes away

Just to spend them with you.

Our main focus the since the beginning of May has been our bathroom remodeling project.  Phase One (main/hallway bath) is now 100% complete.  Phase Two (master bath) is now underway and about 50% completed.  I'll devote a separate post to that! 

My Corona Quilt-Along has ended and I have a completed Corona Quilt Top.  What fun it was to participate in this event.  I love the quilt!  I still need to get it quilted and on display.  Here's a photo of the top...I'll give you more in-depth details once it is finished.   


We've ventured out of our comfort zone (the "stay-at-home bubble") several times with no ill effects.  At the beginning of June, we hosted a family get-together as a group birthday celebration: me, my son-in-law Doug, and my granddaughter Hailey.  It was a joy to visit and play with everyone that day.  It had been since Christmas since those children had "Grandma Hugs"!



Denis and I also visited a local restaurant for birthday dinners.  Although we went on my birthday, the dinner was also for him...his was in late March when no restaurants were open at all!  It was good to let someone else do the cooking (and clean-up) for a change!

I've taken a break from sewing and have done a bit of scrapbooking in the past couple of weeks, in preparation for a retreat happening next week.  I'm going with my daughter and only 10 others.  There will be twelve of us spread out in a big, big room.  We plan to practice prudent social distancing and increased sanitation practices.  My focus next week will be on Florida...our trip to Disney in 2018 and our month in February earlier this year.  I know the people in the group very well and have confidence that we will all come home both happy and well!  I'll share some of my favorite pages next week.

We had scrapping monthly group last night, for the first time since February.  We made these pages from Close to My Heart Aurora paper collection.  I love this paper and the pages we made from it!  I already know that I will use these particular pages when I scrap the South Dakota/Colorado family trip we took last August.  That project is scheduled for the September scrapping retreat. 






So, there you have my life in a nutshell for the past four weeks.  I'll post again in a couple of days to show you our beautiful new bathroom and again once I'm home from retreat.  

'Til then...


No comments:

Post a Comment