Quilt Archive

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pillowcases for Children's Hospital, Part 1

Hello Blog friends!

This year I am once again making pillowcases for donation.  This year's recipient is Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin.  Earlier this year my grandson Corey was seriously ill and was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes.  He spent a couple of touch-and-go days in the hospital.  While he was there, he received a pillowcase that someone had made and donated.  He was and is very proud of his pillowcase!  The doctors, nurses, and staff took very good care of Corey, and as a small token of thanks, I have been making pillowcases to donate to other sick children.  I hope those who receive them will love them as much as I do!

Denis and I are planning to attend the Quilt Expo in Madison in just a couple of weeks.  We also will drop off the pillowcases at Children's that day.

There are 10 pillowcases for donation this year.  During the year, I am always on the lookout for suitable fabric prints for children's pillowcases.  Here is part 1 of this year's selection:
 The white band is a tone on tone numbers print.


The band is a deep purple floral print.
 
 
More pillowcases in tomorrow's post.  Until then...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment