Quilt Archive

Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Love of the Puzzle and Dogs in Central Park

Hi Blog Friends,

Just a quick extra post this week.  All about jigsaw puzzles and dogs in New York's Central Park. 

I love jigsaw puzzles.  So did my dad.  The jigsaw puzzle has a long history in my family.  Each year when I was growing up, my dad would set up the card table in the living room, and we'd put a puzzle together.  Some of the fondest childhood memories are of those times.  A number of years ago, I resurrected this holiday tradition with my own family.  It turns out that the love of the jigsaw has passed from my dad, through me, to my three girls.  We do a jigsaw puzzle every year at Christmas (and, on the original card table, I might add). 

Except for this past Christmas in 2014.  Circumstances and logistics got in the way of our annual tradition.  So, in early January, I was needing my puzzle fix, found this puzzle and fell in love with it. 


Here's the particulars:
Name " Baby It's Cold Outside"
Made by New York Puzzle Company, 1000 pieces
Featured on cover of New Yorker Magazine Feb. 8, 2010
Frame by Denis

It was fun, and I love it!  I am thinking of getting more of these covers and changing them out as part of my seasonal display.

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment