Quilt Archive

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Winter Woolies

Hello Blog Friends,

This week's post is all about flannel.  I love flannel.  I especially love the Woolies line by Maywood.  These are the flannel prints that look like wools, in herringbone, tweed, basketweave, dots, and plaid patterns. 


I was recently into Going to Pieces Quilt Shop in Appleton, WI.  They had a 5th anniversary celebration in January, and I was able to pick up a jelly roll and a layer cake of the Maywood Woolies flannel line.  I made two quilts from these precut packages:  a jelly roll race quilt and a disappearing nine patch.  Both quilt tops were finished in January, but just now getting close to finishing, just as spring is around the corner.  Not to worry, tho...they will be ready for curling up in next winter.  The jelly roll quilt will be the "car quilt", using in travelling on those frigid winter days.  The nine patch will be for our own use, for cuddling in on cold winter days and nights. 

Here is the jelly roll version of Winter Woolies.  I quilted it in a large all-over meander pattern. 


I'm busy working on the nine patch and hope to have it ready to show you in next week's post.

Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment