Quilt Archive

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Purple Passion

Hello Blog Friends,

I have something quick and cute to share with you this week.  I work with a very special young lady named Heather (same age as my youngest daughter Kerri) and she is getting married in October.  Today was her wedding shower.

Heather's gift from me was this casserole carrier, made in her favorite color...purple.  The pattern is called "Casserole Carry-All" by Indygo Junction.  It is quilted in a 2" grid pattern (suggested in the pattern).  The pattern called for a bias tape binding, but I chose to bind the edges in the same fabric as the lining.  Insul-Bright was used as the batting inside.  I added a purchased a covered 9" x 13" glass pan and two wooden spoons for handles.

This was a fun and easy project to make.  Heather likes to cook and this was a perfect gift for her.  Here's the finished project:



And here it is with Heather, it's new owner:


Guess what Heather's wedding gift will be...you got it, a quilt.  More next week on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment