Quilt Archive

Sunday, September 13, 2015

QUILT EXPO HIGHLIGHTS

Hello Blog Friends,

It's been a hectic two weeks since I've last posted.  Labor Day weekend my brother, daughters, and I undertook the arduous task of cleaning out my mother's apartment.  We worked hard all weekend, but got most of it done.  Just a little more to do next Saturday, then it will be done.  My working life is busy as ever at the concrete plant. 

But, I was able to carve out an afternoon for myself and something quilty!   Denis and I set out for Madison, WI for the WPT Quilt Expo on Saturday.  Here are some of the quilts that struck our fancy:


Red Feathers by Claudia Myers.  Best of Show

Star Flower

Diamonds Bargello

Vintage Moments

Barn Quilt  (I wonder why this appealed to me?  LOL)


Labyrinth   Very Escher-esque

Cochise-Once they were like the wind.

Marilyn Monroe

We had an enjoyable time looking at the quits and I had fun visiting the vendor booths also.

I'm happy to report that I'm now caught up enough to finally start my next project...a wedding quilt for a very special young lady.  A progress report next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment