Quilt Archive

Sunday, October 11, 2015

NORTHWOODS - COMPLETED ON TIME!

Hello Blog Friends,

I know that I missed my post for last week, but I have a good excuse...I've been busy working and working on Northwoods, and it is finished!  And in the nick of time.  I finished the binding Friday night about 10:00 pm, and the wedding was yesterday at 1:00.   Whew!

The quilt is made of the most luxurious flannels I have ever worked with.  They are from the "Winter in the Pines" collection by Holly Taylor for Moda.  These  flannels are fantastic!  

I chose straight line quilting patterns for this quilt for several reasons...1)Time.  I needed to get it done quickly in order to finish it on time.  2)  I didn't want to take away from the swirling star patterns in the blocks.  3)  I decided to do a minimum of quilting on it, to preserve what I call the "cuddle-ability" of the quilt.  This is very important...it is going to newlyweds, after all (wink, wink).  

Here is the finished quilt:



Here are Heather and Cort at their wedding.  All my love and best wishes for a long and happy life together!  


And, of course, I have the next project lined up.  Actually, it is a series of smaller projects.  More on this next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment