Quilt Archive

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy Birthday Picture Board

Hello Blog Friends,

I've been busy the past week or so, working on a picture board for my oldest daughter, Kristy, who turned 40 on the 14th.  The party was yesterday, and here is the picture board that I made for her.  



You might notice that the top section has the dates 1976-2016.  Yes, this top board was made 10 years ago for a surprise party we had for her when she turned 30.  As I was choosing and printing pictures for this year's board, I asked myself "why re-invent the wheel?", ie, why scan and reprint all those earlier pictures?  So, I jazzed up the old, existing board with some glitter paper, and just concentrated on the printing pictures from the past 10 years.  I connected the two sections using a  pink glitter arrow with the words "FAST FORWARD" on it, pointing to the year 2016.  I think it came together very well.  


This week I will dust off the sewing machine, and get back to quilt making again.  More on that in next week's post.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment