Quilt Archive

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Sewing on a Snowy Day

Hello Blog Friends!

I'm sorry I've missed the last couple weeks...a very nasty bronchitis got hold of me, and alas, I've been sick for almost two weeks.  There has been progress, but I'm told the coughing and congestion can last for awhile yet.  I pray for an early spring and an end to the sickness.
 Snow day today!  


It is a snow day today!  Here I am, at home from work on a Tuesday afternoon, it is snowing outside, and I've started my newest project.  It is a lap quilt with a spring theme...birds, bees, and blooms.  I've had this kit for some time, and I had planned to make it for my mother.  I am, instead, making it for a friend's mother, who has had a stroke and is confined to a wheelchair.  She loves bird watching out her picture window, and this quilt (I hope) will be a welcome companion this spring when the birds return to the feeder just outside her window.  Here's a sneak peak at the fabrics and panel squares that will be used in the quilt.  The lady's birthday is Feb. 24 (my deadline).  Will I make it?  


Stayed tuned for a progress report this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment