Quilt Archive

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Butterflies, Birds & Blooms

Hello Blog Friends,

Since my last post, I've been diligently working on the quilt I started two weeks ago.  And, yes, to answer the question, I've finished before the deadline.

I've named this quilt Butterflies, Birds & Blooms for obvious reasons.  
Construction details:  borders were added around each printed panel block, strip sets were used for the pieced blocks, a flange was added between the narrow inner border and floral outer border, and the borders feature mitered corners.  I featured some leftover pieces from the printed panel and the border stripe fabric in the pieced backing.  
You can see the quilting pattern more easily from the back.  A cross hatch was used through the small green squares on the pieced blocks.  A stipple was used in the printed floral and butterflies block, and a simple outline was used around the printed border on the panel blocks.  A very whimsical, loopy large meander was used on the outer border.  

Finished size is 56" x 56".  Tomorrow I pass it on to my friend Sally, who will give it to her Mom on her birthday on Wednesday.  Happy Birthday Mrs. Childs!  Enjoy.

Next weekend I'll be at a scrapbooking retreat.  I'll share some of my finished work in next week's post.  

Till then...



No comments:

Post a Comment