Quilt Archive

Monday, November 28, 2016

Christmas Projects Completed!

Hello Blog Friends!

I have progress to report...this past week I have been able to complete four of the seven projects I listed last week.

Here is the updated list:

1.
Sock Monkey Felt Stocking
Complete
100%
Nephew Kurt
2.
Sports Theme Quilt
Complete
100%
Grandson Cory
3.
Olaf Snowman Quilt
In Process
75%
Husband Denis
4.
Jelly Roll Race Quilt
Complete
100%
Friend Sally
5. 
Prairie Point Wreath
On Deck
0%
Me!
6.
Surprise Gift
Complete
100%
Sister-in-Law Bev
7.
Surprise Gift
In Process
10%
Daughters

I have pictures!

At long last, the UFO Jelly Roll Race Quilt is finished!  It is a standard jelly roll race quilt and I used a large meander as the quilting pattern.  The fabric is from the Lulu line by Chez Moi for Moda.  I named it "A Little Ray of Sunshine".  Sally has had some sadness in her family this past summer, both her mother and older sister passed away quite suddenly.  There will be some very cloudy days for her coming up this holiday season.  I hope this quilt will remind her whenever she sees it, that someone is thinking about her and cares about her and that someday the sunshine will return to her life.


Here is the Sock Monkey stocking for nephew Kurt.  Several years ago, I started a sock monkey collection for Kurt in a big way...with a 4 ft sock monkey.  Each year since, I've given him something to add to the collection.  This stocking is this year's installment.  This is a felt stocking kit by Design Works.  18" finished length.  I have made these stockings for almost 40 years for friends, parents, husband, my daughters and their husbands, the grandchildren, etc.


Here is the sports theme quilt for grandson Cory.  He is this year's lucky recipient of a quilt made by Grandma.  This is a pattern of my own design, using 14 different sports theme fabrics using bright images.  "Sportz" is quilted with a straight line cross hatch grid in the center blocks and has a black flannel backing.  


I've also finished the surprise gift for sister-in-law Bev.  Since she is know to read this blog, I'll have to share it with you after the Christmas holiday.  

Back to work on the projects...I'll report progress next week.

Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment