Quilt Archive

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Quilt Show and UFO's

Hello Blog Friends,

Here I am, checking in with a good report!  Last weekend I:  machine hemmed two pair of jeans (the curse of being short), finished two UFO's, and attended a local quilt show.

I attended the Darting Needles Biennial Quilt Show in Appleton over the weekend.  Here are a few of my favorites:
 Love this wall art piece.
 This one won Viewer's Choice.
 A unique shape.
My favorite block...the Dresden Plate.

One of the UFO's I finished was this book of quotes.  (I first showed you this back in May of 2015.)  The overall size is 6" x 7", but each of the pages has a different edge contour.  I made this for my friend and former boss, who has both MS and also had a recent bout with cancer.  I filled this book with inspirational poems and sayings, and I hope it gives her some comfort in days and years to come.  It is a Close to My Heart product (retired), and I used all scrap papers.  The sayings are printed, stamped, or a sticker of some sort.  This will be a Christmas/Farewell/Remember Me gift.   Here is a look at some of the pages:

 The front cover.


My friend has a very deep faith.  I chose to include several bible passages, too.


It was a good weekend.  Next post...A Pillowcase Party!  Till then....


No comments:

Post a Comment