Quilt Archive

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Prismatic Rainbow

Hello Blog Friends,

One day a few weeks ago, I was out shopping and making the rounds of our local quilt shops.  One of my stops was Keep Me In Stitches quilt shop in Appleton.  KMIS is a smaller size shop, but it is packed to the rafters in quilt ideas and fun fabrics.  You can find them on Facebook.

The owner, Jacqui, has been running a Stash Busting Club since the beginning of the year.  Remember Seeing Red?  That pattern was the January installment.   I missed the next two projects, as I was tied up with other things.  The latest club project covers June and July and is based on this pattern:  



Switchback by Jacqui's daughter, Amy.  

I came home with the pattern and dug through my fat quarter stash, and found 12 fabrics suitable for a rainbow quilt.  I chose small, mostly tone-on-tone prints in various colors of the rainbow.   I wanted a slightly larger quilt, so I added the border and chose black, which makes the rainbow really pop!   The center rainbow section is heavily quilted in rows and rows echoing the zig-zag of the pattern.  Here is my rendition of this pattern:


I call it Prismatic Rainbow, and it is a done deal (finished with binding!).  This quilt will stay in my own collection.




A riddle for you:  What is Red and White and Black Allover?  My next project, of course.  Tune in next time for details.













1 comment: