Quilt Archive

Monday, January 1, 2018

Le Jardin...The Garden Quilt

Hello Blog Friends!

Well, Christmas was a total success, although we still have one get-together yet to go.

I was very busy this past fall!  Here is one of the projects I was working on.  This quilt was made for my sister-in-law, Bev.  Everyone in her family has received a quilt in Christmases past, and this year was Bev's turn.  

This quilt finished at 60" x 60" and was made from the Botanical Blooms collection by South Sea Imports.  I love the pretty pastels, florals, and bird motifs, as well as the heartfelt sayings in the center blocks.  I quilted this project with a combination of straight line and free motion meander.  Leftover panel blocks and border print allowed me to make the back using only 2 yards of fabric...and makes the back pretty to look at too!



Assigning a name to this quilt was easy...it reminded me of a French garden, hence the name Le Jardin (which is french for The Garden.)


Next week's post will be a showcase of other Christmas projects for 2017.  Until then...Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment