Quilt Archive

Sunday, January 14, 2018

QUILTS FOR CHRISTMAS 2017

Hello Blog Friends!

Well, Christmas is finally over for the Meyer family!  We have had the last of our family Christmas get-togethers, taken down our trees and put away all of our decorations for another year.

Did you know that I made five quilts (the following four, plus Le Jardin-posted previously) plus accessories for Christmas 2017?  Here is my Christmas Quilt report of the four I made for my kids:

My youngest daughter, Kerri, received this fun Minions quilt.  She loves Minions, and when I found the pattern and a fat quarter bundle online, I knew I would be making this for her.  Finished size is 62" x 70".  I used one of the two panels in the bundle on the front, the rest of the piecing is from "Yellow Brick Road" pattern.  The second panel in the bundle was used for a pillowcase front and on the back of the quilt.  This quilt was a zero-waste project--I used every bit of fabric with no leftovers!  This quilt had the most quilting of the four.  I did quite a bit of outline and tracing quilting on the Minion characters in the panel, and a medium free-motion meander in the pieced blocks.

Kerri's husband, Doug, also received a quilt this year.  This one is aptly named "True Blue Brew Crew".  Doug loves the Milwaukee Brewers baseball team.  This quilt is based on the pattern "Square Peg, Round Hole" and is 55" x 63" in size.  I quilted this in a cross hatch pattern on the squares and outlined the Brewers logos in the round center and in the corners.  This quilt was the quickest of the four to piece.

"Wisconsin Winterland" is Kim's quilt, plus four matching pillows.  I purchased this quilt as a kit from Jeri's Quilt Patch in Norway, Michigan several years ago.  This quilt is the only flannel quilt of the four and features snow scenes fussy-cut from a printed panel.  This was a fun quilt to make and is quilted in a cross-hatch straight line pattern.  It finishes at 52" x 63".



Last, but definitely not the least, is "Woodland Rose", a quilt I made for Kristy.  This was the most challenging quilt to make, as it required many triangles of various sizes and is also set on point.  Finishing at 64" x 82", I used a modified cross-hatch quilting pattern.  I purchased this as a kit several years ago from Quilt Essentials in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it was for Kristy, since she loves grays and browns.  Two pillows also accompanied this quilt.

Well, there you have the report.  Now, here are the four "children" with their treasures:

I'm working on a fun, little flannel project.  I'll give you a full report next week.  Till then...









No comments:

Post a Comment