Quilt Archive

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Baby Quilt Fail and Recover

Hello Blog Friends,

Have you ever had high hopes at the beginning of a project, then once you are into it, have the feeling it just isn't working?  Well, this happened to me this past week.

I am making a baby quilt for a sweet young lady I worked with ( I made her a wedding quilt two years ago).  She is expecting her first child soon and the shower is early next month!  I've had the fabrics for several years, found a pattern I liked, and started sewing.  Only, I just wasn't feeling it as I pieced the rows and sewed them together.  

The fabrics are from the Sweet Baby collection by moda.  Very cute fabrics, all flannels in pastels of blue, pink, yellow, green and a gray/tan neutral.  I cut tumbler patches with my Go! Baby and laid them out in a grid.  Here's the first couple of rows:


I just wasn't feeling it.  I cried over it, then wiped my tears, found a new pattern online, made a trip to the quilt shop for alternate fabrics, and moved on.   I was able to find new fabrics and incorporate one of the fabrics from the original quilt into the new design.  New fabrics:

I'll show you the finished product in my next post.  Meanwhile, the tumbler quilt will wait for a few weeks, another addition to the UFO list.  But, I will finish it, then donate it to Project Linus.  A needy mother or baby somewhere will love it.  Who wouldn't...it is in flannel!


Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment