Quilt Archive

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Scrapping the Quilt Diary

Hello Blog Friends!

Besides finishing a couple of UFO quilts, working on a baby quilt, and doing some other scrapbooking projects, I've also spent some time catching up on my Quilt Diary.  Since I'm a scrapper too, what better way to showcase (and preserve the details of my work) than to scrap it!  I can blend both crafting disciplines into one end result.  Besides, scrapping and quilting both have one basic thing in common...take a large piece of fabric or paper, cut it in to smaller pieces, then put it all back together again!  No wonder I love both so much!!  LOL

I am ashamed to say that I was 2 years and 25 projects behind!  I spent a week making pages and printing pictures.  I am now proud to say that I am caught up for the time being.  Here are some of my favorite pages:



 The photo of the quilt (left side of page) lifts up to reveal a photo of the back (which is also cool) and a large sample of the border fabric:
Inside front page:





The pages are a slightly smaller scale, 9" x 9".  Each double page spread features the name, size and a photo of each project on the first page and other details on the facing pages.  I list the pattern, fabrics, date finished, owner, personal comments and include fabric swatches.  I sometimes embellish the pages with stamped images, fussy-cut images from the fabric, or stickers/buttons, etc.

On to the next project...what will it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment