Quilt Archive

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Menagerie in Blue Baby Quilt

Hello Blog Friends!

As promised, I have finished the baby quilt I started last week.  For obvious reasons, I named it Menagerie in Blue.

While searching online for baby quilt patterns, I happened across the following blog by Michelle Marr:  Michelle's Romantic Tangle  .  I love her writing style (it is much like mine) and her ideas.  She has free baby quilt patterns on her blog.  The one I chose is named Christopher.

Remember the fabrics I chose:

The original pattern called for one border around the center design.  I wanted the quilt to finish a little larger, so I added a second outer border to mine.  The lighter blue in the quilt is from the earlier failed quilt...a pastel blue polka dot.  Here is the finished product.




This quilt finishes at 41" x 45" .  I chose a minimal modified cross hatch quilting design, so the quilt would keep it's "squishability".  

I also made a cute little pillow case from the remaining fabrics.  This pillow is a perfect baby size at 12" x 16".  The pillowcase is removable for laundering.  



I even found a cute keepsake box at JoAnn Fabrics.  The quilt and pillow fit in perfectly.  I'm going to use it as a gift box, skip the wrapping paper and just put a bow and ribbon on it.  It can be used as a keepsake box for cards, gifts and etc.


I think it turned out really cute...thanks, Michelle.  

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment