Quilt Archive

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

MSQC by Bus!

Greetings Blog Friends!

I was traveling once again last week, this time with a group of 41 ladies, on a bus trip to Missouri Star Quilt company in Hamilton, MO.  This trip was organized by Jana, the owner of My Favorite Quilt Shop in Green Bay, WI.  A big thanks to Jana, our hostesses Lisa and Donna, and our bus driver Dale.  I met some nice ladies, we traded stories and we got to shop, shop, shop!


The bus trip ran from Tuesday to Friday, April 9 - 12.  We left Green Bay early on Tuesday, made several pick-up stops and arrived in Amana, Iowa by mid-afternoon.  We had several hours for visiting the unique shops in Amana, including a General Store, candy shop, wineries, clothing and leather stores, and a quilt shop, of course.  We had dinner at Ronneburg Restaurant, where a hearty home cooking was served up family style.  We stayed overnight in Amana.



After a good and hearty breakfast (again at Ronneburg), we were on the road early and arrived in Hamilton, MO, home of Missouri Star Quilt Company.  It is also J.C. Penney's hometown.   We arrived at about 1:30, which left the rest of the afternoon for shopping the 12 themed shops of MSQC.  I visited each shop, purchased some great fabrics (like I needed more...LOL) and visited several other shops on the street.  We had a beautiful day!  Blue skies, sun, and 83 degrees!  I think I even got a little sunburned!  LOL  We stayed overnight in nearby Cameron, MO.  




An early start found us back in Hamilton when the stores opened at 9:00 am for more shopping!   I attended a trunk show given by Jenny Doan, founder of MSQC.  She was as delightful as she is on her You Tube videos and is a very down to earth person who just loves to sew!  MSQC treated us to lunch before we left Hamilton at 1:00 pm.  We traveled back to Iowa and arrived in LeClaire at about 6:30 pm.  Overnight was in LeClaire.






Friday morning was spent exploring "downtown" area of LeClaire, including a fantastic quilt shop, Expressions in Thread.  There was also time for a visit to Antique Archaeology, home of American Pickers.  Le Claire is an old river town on the Mississippi.  The river was high and flowing fast at 3.5 ft above flood stage.  After lunch at a nearby restaurant, we headed back to Wisconsin and home.





This was a fun, fun time.  I'm looking forward to the next one (I hope!).  Meanwhile, my poor sewing machine is lonesome for me...I haven't been to see it for over a month!  I have at least 6 projects in the queue and hope to complete them over the next few weeks. 

Until then, have a Blessed Easter.....


No comments:

Post a Comment