Quilt Archive

Monday, September 2, 2019

A Cup of Crafting Fun

Greetings Blog Friends,

Happy Labor Day Weekend!  This past week I completed my door prize swap gift for the scrapbooking retreat in just a couple of weeks.  My offering this time around is a mug mat and mug cover, all made from coordinating fabrics. 

The mug mat pattern and batting is by June Tailor and I used Simplicity #2450 for the mug cover.  Fabrics are from the "Make Yourself At Home" line by Maywood Studios.  I filled the cup with all kinds of goodies...tools in the outside pockets and embellishments from the inside pockets and even included a piece of candy!  The cup was a thrift store find and all the fun items filling it are new and from my personal stash of office and crafting supplies.  So, although I bought the mug mat, cover pattern, mug and fabric especially for this project, it still counts as a "stash buster", since I expended no money for the items filling the cup!  Am I right?




This was a fun and easy project to make.  I like it and I hope my scrapping sisters do too!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment