Quilt Archive

Friday, September 20, 2019

Scrapping Retreat Report - Italy Pages Done!!

Hello Blog Friends!

Remember the pile of scrapping stuff I took to the retreat:




Well, here is the end result of all that stuff plus 4 solid days of scrapping time:





A stack of pages (6" high) 144 in all.  I completed 125 pages at the retreat and the rest in the days since I've been home.  I had so much fun putting all these pages together and having premades is responsible for that!  Some of the pages have been in my stash for a number of years, just waiting for the perfect subject.  And, the papers and sentiments seem to have blended so very well with the places and things we saw.  The photographs just don't do the papers justice, some have metallic elements that really pop off the page...I wish all of you could see these in person!  I used my Cricut machine, too...for both cut and print images and for letters for titles.  I'm still working on doing some journaling and placing a few titles, but should finish that up in about a week.  Next, I'll have to find a couple of albums to put all these pages in!  Time to go shopping!!!!

Some of my favorites:

 Going to Europe.  This started with preprinted layouts that I added elements to.
 Frankfurt airport.  We had to go through the main shopping area when changing concourses.  Fun!
 Venice.
 Enroute through Tuscany from Venice to Florence.  Papers were perfect!
 Pisa.  Layouts are so colorful!
 At the Academia in Florence.  I created quite a stir with the ladies with this layout!
 Galileo Museum in Florence.  The colors are so rich and vibrant on these pages.
 Cathedral in Florence.
 Street scenes in Florence
 Grand Flora hotel in Sorrento.  The floral design carries through the hotel, from lobby chandeliers to flooring and light fixtures in the rooms.  It was our favorite hotel.  And the papers compliment the subject perfectly!
 Amalfi coast.
 This is a cute little laundromat we found in Sorrento, just steps from our hotel.  This is the oldest layout in the group...about 8-9-10 years old!
 The Coliseum in Rome.  Again, the papers were perfect!  These layouts I had to create myself.

 Yes, I scrapped our Hard Rock collection!  
The journey home.  I especially love the photo of the screen showing us out over the Atlantic ocean.

There were a number of other specialty pages, too.  I did a two page layout on a stop along the Autostrade going to Rome, one on vehicles we saw in Rome, one on food we ate (and photographed LOL), one on the souvenirs we bought and one on our tour guides.  In addition to our main guide who was with us throughout the tour, we had local guides in Venice, Rome, Florence, Pompeii and Amalfi Coast.  I also included a fun two page layout on the photos that weren't quite perfect and some were just downright funny.  I call it "Bloopers."  The back page is still in process and is called "Parting Shots".  It features a grid filled with the images from photos that didn't quite make the first cut, or that just didn't fit in.  I'll also add the original trip itinerary as well as travel documents in page protectors in the back.  It was a fantastic experience and one I will never forget, worthy of the time and effort to scrap it. 

Back to sewing next week!  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment