Quilt Archive

Monday, April 13, 2020

Mask Production and Keeping My Family Safe

Greetings Blog Friends,

The CDC has now suggested that we all start wearing home-made fabric face masks as added precautions during the current COVID19 crisis.  I sifted through my stash closet and came up with a number of suitable fabrics (all high, quilt shop quality cottons) and a considerable length of 1/8" elastic.  

Here are the prototypes I made for Denis and myself:




A big THANK-YOU to skiptomylou.org for the pattern!

So, I sent my daughters and families some fabric choices and here is my production line, all ready to begin sewing.  Each mask takes about 10-15 minutes to make, including cutting.  

And here is the result, just before I package them up and send them off to my girls. 

And here they all are, wearing them!



I used up the big wad of elastic I had, so now I am making masks with ties for other friends and family members.  This pattern is endorsed by Froedtert Hospital and Medical College of Wisconsin.  


Just doing my part to keep those I love safe!

This week, I'll be sewing masks, but also switching gears to scrapbooking.  I am embarrassed to show the pile of fabric odds and ends waiting to be incorporated into pages in the Quilt Diary.  I've fallen behind, as I usually do, and the time has come to get this under control, since each time I open the cabinet door, something falls out!


I'll share my progress next post.

Be well and be safe!  Till next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment