Quilt Archive

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Sewing Week Finishes

Greetings Blog Friends,

Well, I've been busy this past week and have some "finishes" to share with you.  

Here is the finish of the table mat I began in Florida in February.  Quilted and bound.  

I still had some fabrics left over, and made an extra one...I'm sure I'll be able to use it somewhere at Christmastime.  Or...maybe it will be a gift!



Here is another finish from a February project.  I made this table runner and a curtain for my daughter Kristy, as a thank you for watching our house while we were in Florida and for handling snow clearance for us.  The pillow cover was made with the small bits of leftovers from the jelly roll I used.



Here is a quilt for my grandson Conner, who will earn his Eagle Scout this summer.  This will be a gift for Conner to commemorate his achievement.  This will be a display wall quilt, and Denis will make a decorative hanger for it.  The top is done.  I have yet to make the back (again using leftover fabrics) and quilt it.  The date of the award will be part of the label, so once quilted it will wait for binding, since I bind the label into a lower corner of each quilt I make.  


I'm still sewing this week, making some very necessary and useful items for my family.  More on that in a day or two.  Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment