Quilt Archive

Sunday, May 3, 2020

VINO and More!

Greetings Blog Friends,

This week I have done some small project sewing and have several finishes to share with you.

Remember those wool mat kits?  Well, I now have the spring mat finished and on display as a spring decor item.  

I also finished a couple of pillow covers to be donated as a door prize gift at our upcoming scrapbooking retreat in June.  Four fabrics, all from the stash! (three on the front and one for the backing)




VINO letters and wine glasses were cut using my handy Cricut machine, then appliqued with a tight zig-zag stitch.  The upper patterned section was quilted with straight, horizontal lines.  The center square on the other pillow was quilted with a stipple meander and stitch-in-ditch around the inner border.  Each will use an 18" pillow form.  

I've been sewing masks also this week, to use up the leftovers from the previous ones.  A quilter/sewist NEVER wastes fabric!  I made a variety of 11 masks, some for Denis and I as backups to ones we have, others for donation.



Exciting news next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment