Quilt Archive

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chicago Museum Pages

Hello Blog Friends,

Denis and I were in Chicago several years ago and we visited the Museum of Science and Industry.  I've been diligently working on finishing up the pages for this museum, then our Chicago album will be done.  Here are some of the pages I have done recently:

For the Circus exhibit:
 These pages were mad with the "Animal Cookies" paper pack by Close to My Heart.  I love the whimsical colors and patterns.
 I also relied heavily on my Cricut die cutting machine to cut the silhouette shapes and the letters in the top photo.  This page has pictures of the circus train diorama at the museum. 
Here is a working model of a three ring circus under the big top.  I again used cutouts made with the Cricut.  All the cutouts were from the "Carousel" cartridge.

For the Ships exhibit:


These pages are made with the "Majestic Blue" paper packet from Close to My Heart.  The antique map print paper was perfect for pictures of old time sailing ships.

Next time... A Show and Tell project from the Quilt Expo.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment