Quilt Archive

Friday, September 20, 2013

Kitchen Hex Show and Tell

Hi Blog Friends,

No, I'm not putting a "hex" on my kitchen ( as the title might suggest!).  I'm here with a quick "Show-and-Tell" of a kit I picked up at the Quilt Expo a couple weeks ago.  I purchased it from the Saving Thyme booth.


This was an easy table topper to make.  I started with a pre-cut hexagon of the center fabric.  Then, I added three rows of precut strips, then a binding, and done!  This was a quick project (2 hours total, including sewing binding down by hand) and this kitchen hex graces my hutch in the kitchen.


Purchasing this kit was a "no-brainer" for me.  I have a collection of red vintage kitchen items on display already.  This is a perfect complement to all my other treasures.  Kitchen Hex measures 18" x 21" finished.

Next time...preview of a new sewing project.

No comments:

Post a Comment