Quilt Archive

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Quilt Expo, Madison WI

Hello Blog Friends,

Well, I have been busy making pages and working closer to finishing the Chicago trip scrapbook album.

Last Saturday (Sept 7), however, I took a break and attended the Quilt Expo in Madison, WI.  I had also intended to delivery my pillowcases to UW Children's Hospital.  Little did I realize (until we got to Madison that morning) that the UW Badgers football game was also that day.  Camp Randall stadium is only about 4 blocks from the hospital, so we saved our plan to visit the hospital for another day.

We (Denis and I) spent about 5 hours at the Quilt Expo.  We looked at the quilts on display in the show, and he read his NOOK while I shopped the booths.  (He likes looking at the quilts, but not at the vendor booths).

Landscape and other non-traditional quilts caught my eye this year.  Here are some examples:
by Natalie Sewell ( I didn't catch the title of this piece)

The Red Barn, also by Natalie Sewell

Cereal Killer Strikes Again by Phyllis Kluger

Tessellating Wings by Wendy Butler Burns

A nice example of a "slice" quilt.  Bentonville Square by Karen Kielmeyer

A beautiful southwestern triptych entitled "Monument Valley Sunset" by Cathy Geier.
 
We did find some more traditional examples of quilts that we liked.  I'll post photos of those next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment