Quilt Archive

Monday, June 9, 2014

Pillowcase Party 2014

Hello blog friends!

Well, I've been busy for the past week or so...sorting, washing, ironing, cutting the fabrics for this year's installment of pillowcases for donation.  Last year's pillowcases were donated to American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin.  This year's group will find a home there also.  This  hospital is important to our family, in particular, two of my grandsons are receiving ongoing or follow up care from the doctors and staff there.  These pillowcases are my way of saying "thank you" and also to help other young patients through what can be a very difficult time. 

I recently received a very nice letter from Children's..."Some of the pillowcases  will be given to patients after surgery.  It is a special treat for our staff to see the expressions of worry and fear on a child's face transform to delight after receiving a special treat like this one."  The best part is that they get to keep their pillowcase and take it home.  This is the very essence and reason that I and many other sewists and quilters like me do this. 

During the course of the year, I attend a number of quilt shows and visit a number of quilt shops.  I'm always on the lookout for cute prints suitable for both boys and girls.  I always shop the sale racks first, and sometimes find some real gems.

As I said before, here is the pile of pillowcases, all cut and ready to sew.  I'll share my progress over the next few weeks and show you the class of 2014 as each one graduates to the "finished" pile.  This is going to be fun!



Come back often to check my progress.

See you in a few....

No comments:

Post a Comment