Quilt Archive

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Little Book of Quotes

Hello Blog Friends,

This week, I'm sharing some of the scrapbooking project that I started on the retreat to I attended several weeks ago.  

I have some very special friends where I work, three women who mean very much to me.  Two I think of as younger sisters, and one I think of as a daughter (she is my youngest daughter's age).  I will miss seeing them on a day to day basis when I retire next spring.  Heather, the youngest of the three, is getting married in October, and of course, a quilt is in the works for that.  Paula and Lynn are like sisters...Paula will receive a quilt as a "remember me" parting gift.  I've chosen to make Lynn a little book of quotes.  Lynn has recently been diagnosed with MS, and I hope this book of encouraging and enlightening quotes will brighten and comfort in tough days to come.

The book is made of chipboard pages, each 6" high and 7" wide.  Each page has a different shaped edge.  The pages will be held together with a locking binder rings, covered in pretty ribbons.  The nice thing about this smaller size is that I am using some of the larger "orphan" paper scraps in my scrapbooking stash.  So, in essence, this is a stash-buster project also!  

I'm using both the computer and stamped images to create the sentiments on the pages.  The book is still a work in process, but here is a sampling of what is inside:
The front cover.  Back cover will be covered in same paper.
 Inside front cover and page 1.
 Page 1 up close.
 Absolutely love this paper!
 The words in brown paper stand up off the page for emphasis.  I still need to add a few paper flowers to this page.
Another page with stamped images.

There will be 10 chipboard pages in all when it is done.  I have 7 pages and the back cover to make yet.  I really like this project, and plan to make one for myself at a later time.  

...I am hard at work on the second stash buster quilt.  Details next week.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment