Quilt Archive

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pretty Petals All in A Row II

Hello Blog Friends!

I'm sorry I missed posting on April 26...I was away at a scrapbooking retreat that weekend and arrived home late that Sunday.  It was back to work on Monday after a fun, fun, but tiring weekend (up late most nights).  I'll post on this coming weekend and show you some of my work from the retreat.  

I've finished the first of the two stash buster quilts I mentioned in my last post.  This one is a baby quilt for a little girl born a few weeks ago.  Her name is Piper and her dad and I work at the same company.  You might think that this quilt looks vaguely familiar...because it should. It is made from the same pattern as Pretty Petals All in a Row that I made for another little girl last summer.  The pink fabric is also the same as on the first quilt.  It worked so well with both floral fabrics.  This time, I used a blue tone-on-tone floral for the accent sashing.  The backing was also a stash piece of fabric and was perfect for this project.  The only purchase I made to finish this quilt was the batting.



I think it turned out pretty cute.  I used a large whimsical meander over the entire piece.  



More on that scrapbooking weekend next post.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment