Quilt Archive

Saturday, March 21, 2020

20 Twenty Online Mystery Quilt Group and Block #1

Greetings Blog Friends,

I follow a number of quilt shops, some local, some not.  One of my favorite quilt shops not far from me is The Sewing Basket in Plymouth, WI.  They have made the difficult decision to temporarily close to the public for the time being.  However, they have developed an online mystery quilt group to help minimize the feelings of isolation and loneliness we all feel now.  

Sheryl and Elayne have developed a quilt of 20 blocks, each using 20 pieces.  Block patterns will be released periodically beginning March  20 and running  through August 20.  

I pulled fabrics from my stash...all scraps  and leftovers of previous projects.  I chose a tropical print for my accent fabric and coordinating fabrics in typical tropical fabrics in corals, turquoises, light greens, and yellows.  Here are the fabrics I chose for this project:



The first block pattern was released yesterday.  Here is my block:


My plan and goal is to drop whatever project I'm currently working on and complete each block as soon as it is released.  I'll post a photo of each block as it is completed and the final quilt top sometime at the end of August.  This quilt will have special meaning, considering all we are going through as a nation and a global community.  By quilt's end, I hope our "world" both near and far will be back to something of a pre-COVID19 normal.  

Till the next block...

No comments:

Post a Comment